Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Goals

Writing resolutions in the beginning of a new year may sound a little childish, but I find it enthusiastic and challenging. I like to focus on what bothered me the most last year and try to solve it with a new beginning, a new page. I think we should all take advantage of this opportunity and kick off a new year with positive intentions. I am not going to reveal my resolutions word to word, but I can tell you that my main focus this year is being true to myself. 
By this expression, I mean acting for myself and not to please others. It is very hard to escape from the social prison in which we are all trapped, we constantly want to prove to others that we are cool, intelligent, famous… and most importantly happy. Most of us force themselves to go to places they hate, hang out with people they don’t like and adopt a certain personality because society said so. Teenagers post pictures of themselves partying and pretending to be happy while in the inside they are dying to slap the people around them and spend time with people they actually like in a place they actually enjoy. Don’t deny it. We are all social prisoners. Our actions depend on people’s perceptions. I know I can’t really escape from all this, but I want to at least try as much as I can. I want to stay true to myself and do what I like and not what others want me to do. I revealed this detail from my resolutions to inspire and maybe help you write your own resolutions and work on yourselves.

Try to change what was bothering you in 2015 in order to be happier in 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment